Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HELP please

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Well... on December 03, 2003 at 19:03:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HELP please posted by Whitney on December 03, 2003 at 00:53:35:

maybe he's not an idiot, but it seems to me he could be doing better by his band members and the program. Maybe he has obstacles to overcome that we don't know about. Anything on our part is speculation, as we have not been given much information. It was not my intention to offend, but it doesn't sound like the best management is happening. Maybe it's not his fault, or maybe it is. Whether he's a good guy or a dipstick really doesn't matter to us. You are the one needing a solution for the problem. I still say the best thing you can do is to hang on - grin and bear it - if your director can/will not help you. Enjoy and learn what you can. You should also think about finding other playing opportunities outside of school, such as a community band/group. It can make a great difference in your attitude toward music and can provide rich musical experiences. Your disappointment with your band situation will certainly be lessened. Community bands don't always have the very best players, but at least they WANT to be there, and they usually put in a decent effort.
Doc

Follow Ups: