Re: The Yorkbrunner is SOLD

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh on October 16, 1999 at 10:19:02:

In Reply to: The Yorkbrunner is SOLD posted by Dale Phelps on October 15, 1999 at 19:21:19:

...not if you're going to oil it, clean it, and sell it again. I don't know why, but I'm slightly offended by people who use their station in life to bid for every horn on ebay when they know darn well they're not going to keep it (LosGatos anyone?), win the auction and the horn away from kids looking for a good deal on their first horn, and add 'em to their inventory long enough to do some cosmetic work and then resell them. These horns are being snatched away from high school kids about to start college or young college kids looking for their own axe so they don't have to keep signing out that dreaded school horn, or that older musician trying to get back into playing in his community band. These horns are being scarfed up by some computer tech from Cali trying to make a buck. Note that I believe this is different than someone who makes a living improving horns like Joe S, a repairman with extensive knowledge and experience. The type of person I speak of is someone who sends these horns out to the local repairman (or, oftentimes, does nothing to them at all!) then turns a profit once he gets them back. Am I the only one who feels funny about this? I know, business is business. I still get a queasy feeling in my stomach. And, no, I wasn't recently outbid by the prolific "LosGatos". I am just a conscientious observer.

Follow Ups: