YCB-861 Tuba for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on October 18, 1999 at 17:30:31:

First of all, this is my own horn that I am selling. It is not a vailed attempt to sell store stock! Since I am employed by Dillon Music, however, I am selling it through the store. That means you can use Visa or MC, and I avoid any conflict of interest! It is a Yamaha YCB-861 5 rotor CC tuba. .815 bore, 17 3/4" bell, and includes case. Price is $5695. This is the taller Alexander copy that is Yamaha's most expensive model. Maybe about 12 quarter size dents on the horn with a bigger one near the bell rim. I could roll that one out about 95%, but I can make it look 98% new if I ever had a reason to remove the bell. 99% of original lacquer in tact.
I cut the 1st valve slide to play middle D 1st valve. Great intonation with minimal slide manipulation required (for me). All valves are vented. Great ensemble horn with great intonation (again for me and most other tubists) and a sound the rest of the ensemble will find easy to tune to.
If it is so good, why is it for sale? 1. I want the money! 2. The custom York CC I built for myself, I like even better!! 3. Remember, there is a whole store full of tubas I could have chosen from, but I liked this Yamaha until I finally built a horn just for myself. 4. I don't need a spare CC for emergencies as I can repair my tubas anytime of the night, or just borrow a used one from store stock. (Steve is a great boss like that.)
Likely won't be posted to the web site until next week.
Matt Walters
You can reach me at the store: 732.634.3399
You can TRY to reach me at home: 732.602.0029

Follow Ups: