Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Life in tubadom

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on November 01, 1999 at 18:20:21:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Life in tubadom posted by Bob on November 01, 1999 at 16:50:07:

I guess we just disagree in our beliefs. I have seen many students who say they are working hard but in reality are hardly working. I firmly believe that any student, exposed to the proper techniques in a way they can really understand, who works hard enough can make it as a performer. I firmly believe that if you really want something, all you have to do is believe in yourself and work as hard as you can. Desire, expressed in how one wants to live their life, can be a very powerful thing. I don't mean this as an insult to anybody who tried to make it as a performer and came up short. I don't think such decisions in life are always so cut and dried anyway. Maybe along the way you found something else which sparked your interest and desire? In any event, one of the common traits I see in my colleagues is that they wanted to play more than anything else. It was simply such a high priority in their lives that everything else came in a distant second and they worked like mad to achieve. At least that is the impression I got. I can site many examples of players who were talented but didn't work hard and didn't reach their performing goals. I am hard pressed to site even one example of a player who truly worked really hard and didn't succeed. The lesson I learned from that is that hard work is the key.

Follow Ups: