Re: A good idea for a tuba-site

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan on October 01, 2000 at 23:07:35:

In Reply to: A good idea for a tuba-site posted by Jay on October 01, 2000 at 16:11:11:

Since you mentioned that would be a good idea for a site, I'd like to pitch in and tell you guys what I'm up to:

In addition to playing tuba, I've managed to acumulate some skills with which to make a living (sounds like some of the advice off this site...). Among those skills would be WEB PROGRAMMING, and among my ambitions (besides making beer and eating well) are to pull together a site for tuba players by tuba players.

I appreciate the fine work Sean has done on this site, and I would feel bad if there were any feelings of "competition." But, that being said, I feel that with my youthful ambition and a little guidance from the community at large I could pull together something very cool too compliment this forum.

My project is still in the planning stages, but I have a name picked out already: I'm just not sharing so no one can swoop out and reserve it for their own! I'd have articles written by the fine upstanding members of the tuba community on a whole array of topics. My first thoughts were "How to Buy a Tuba," "CC or BBb," "Band Directors Guide to Choosing Big Brass..." Obviously there's a lot of stuff to write about, and plenty of gifted and respected people to contribute (If I ask nice enough!). The idea of swapping mp3s is complicated to do securely, but I think I could pull it off too.

If anyone has thoughts or comments, I'm totally willing to listen, as the project is still just scribbles on several pieces of paper at this point.

Dan

Follow Ups: