Re: Mirafone Sousaphones

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie Krause on October 08, 2000 at 16:08:20:

In Reply to: Mirafone Sousaphones posted by Jim D. on October 07, 2000 at 20:29:42:

Miraphone sousaphones
The bell throat is long and they dont fit in normal cases but this lets u wear tall hats or shakos and march w a sousaphone.
Parts are high if bought from the wrong source. Necks can be tricky because some necks don't work when you get them from Miraphone. You have to use Miraphone bits if u can, they just work better. They are not comfortable.
Sound is great and i have not had the problem of the breaking. Any tuba or sousaphone can have a problem or two no matter what it is. I have seen bad tubas from all Makes and Brands and I mean all, no one excluded. Its a shame this anonymous person doesn't like Miraphone and I'll bet he has never played a Miraphone Sousaphone. Seems Castrati Doctors are present when posters dont have enough fortitude to use their name when they post and this one seems extremely experienced at driving one wheel garbage trucks if he really thinks a Miraphone Sousaphone plays like that. One might think he just might have played a bad one.
Its a shame theses guys cant just say, I played one at a High School or College and i didnt like it and had these problems eith it. Who cares then.

Follow Ups: