Re: Re: Re: A suggestion for this BBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on October 09, 2000 at 10:15:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: A suggestion for this BBS posted by A Guy in CA on October 09, 2000 at 09:52:35:

Sublime.

We drove a four-up camper van from Auckland to Milford Sound and back over about 11 days, and then sunned ourselves on Four-Mile Beach in Port Douglas, Queensland, for a week. It is the best beach I have ever seen, despite the two days of stinky red tide (algal bloom or coral spawning byproducts depending on who you asked). We toured the rain forest on those days. What they say about Australia beaches is true (all of it). The scenery was great, and the sand and sea was pretty nice, too.

The sun followed us around the whole time, and the only time the weather was bothersome was when the breeze made the trip out to the Great Barrier Reef a little too rough for my landlubber stomach.

We burned about 40 rolls of film and single-handedly financed the coming year of the New Zealand wool trade. It was the trip of a lifetime and I'm damn sorry to be back at work.

I haven't blown the horn yet, and the last notes I played were in a duet (thanks, Mr. Baker) at the reception three weeks ago. If you don't count the tooting I did on a didgeridoo, that is.

Rick "No chops and can't hardly type, neither" Denney

Follow Ups: