Posted by Leland on October 11, 2000 at 12:22:30:
In Reply to: Re: Re: Marching Band!! posted by john on October 11, 2000 at 11:03:49:
Heavens, no -- it wouldn't be too far removed from drinking antifreeze. For the uninitiated, 190 proof means that it's 95% alcohol. It even has a _Flammable_ sticker on the bottle.
I would recommend keeping the bottle away from children AND adults. The vapors are strong enough, anyway. ;-)
One more note: to use Everclear, add it to a partially filled bottle of valve oil -- with a thir or less original oil inside -- and shake thoroughly. The result will be cloudy, but it will stay in the valves very well (better than straight Everclear), and is still safer on the instrument than blowing sugary drinks or food down the leadpipe.