Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need a repair shop in South Texas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on October 13, 2000 at 19:57:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need a repair shop in South Texas posted by Tim L. on October 13, 2000 at 00:56:04:

That wasn't my B&S F. It belonged to Chuck Schulz. Chuck "misguided about tuba-buying, but a saint ;^)" Schulz sold it to David and then bought an off-the-shelf small Yama-F. That little blue metallic airplane sticker on the engraving on that B&S was put on there by Chuck's daugher, Stephanie, when she was about six years old. Stephanie has been married several years, and is expecting her first child.

Chuck's (David's) B&S F WAS very nice. I am extremely lucky to have a nicer one, however, as my "parts / spare", and an exceptional one as my daily player.

Re: David Graves. I haven't accepted very many people as my students, over the years. I am extremely proud for David, and he has already told me about his appointment. The job couldn't have been given to a nicer (nor funnier - sorry Sean, but "Hirsbrunner tossing as a new pub craze" as a topic for a post is FUNNY) guy.

I have offered David the use of my "spare" B&S F until I finally decide that I need to "harvest" its valveset to renew the other one. Maybe he will take me up on it.

Follow Ups: