Re: WTB -

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on October 15, 2000 at 14:37:58:

In Reply to: WTB - posted by SirC on October 15, 2000 at 01:59:42:

I f I may add a different, and not a popular, alternative. Wait until you have a gig that that requires the use of a BAT and use the money to travel and take lessons. I don't think that a particular horn matters when auditioning, it's the music coming out of the bell that matters. I think I have read a number of posts over the past couple of years from guys who have won big gigs that did so on standard size equipment and then bought BAT's later as their needs changed. It is an awful lot of money to spend on a hunch that you will have a use for the horn. I am not trying to preach, but get as good an education first as you can and then fit the horn in. I am still married after 11 years because I followed this advice. And that Yorkbrunner I could have bought for $9,000 in 1992 would just be collecting dust, If you must have it, a bank is more willing to lend you money if you have a sizable chunk of your own to match it with. Please take this in the spirit in which it is intended. I wish you only the best of luck and good fortune.

Follow Ups: