Re: custom MW 2155 or 2165

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on October 17, 2000 at 15:30:19:

In Reply to: custom MW 2155 or 2165 posted by David Delbusso on October 17, 2000 at 13:44:03:

David,

I've played all three of the horns you mentioned in your post. To cut to the chase, I bought a 2165. I am one of those weird people that just don't seem to like PT horns. Something about them just doesn't work for me. I have previously owned Miraphones and Hirsbrunners as well as the Meinls I now own. I have also played many other brands, but never could bring myself to buy a PT although I have heard other people sound great on them, they just aren't my thing.

Of the 2155 vs. 2165, they are two totally different horns. You didn't mention if this was going to be your only horn or if you also have an F or another smaller CC. If this is going to be your only instrument, I'd suggest the 2155 or MW2000 over the 2165 because you will find too many situations where the smaller horn is more useful. If you are looking to add a large horn to your arsenal, then I don't think you can do better at the $10K or under price point than the 2165.

Your best (maybe only) chance to play all of these in one place will be at Custom in Detroit. Or, you could always play some of your studio-mates' PT6's and then go somewhere to try the other horns and compare.

Good luck!

Follow Ups: