Re: Best BBb under 3K

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ACE on October 18, 2000 at 00:16:00:

In Reply to: Best BBb under 3K posted by D. Pattison on October 17, 2000 at 22:07:43:

Interesting this topic would appear on the very day my new Jupiter 582 "professional" 4 piston BB flat tuba arrived. Mike and Jack at Brasswind said the 582 is one of several good BB flats in that price range, and said I would be pleasantly surprised when playing the 582. They were correct-------this Jupiter 582 is a very respectable horn. I was amazed at the quality of intonation, the beautiful evenness of tone color over the entire range, and the solid construction. To add frosting to the cake, the horn comes standard with a deluxe form-fitted case with wheels. Total price for this rig was under $3000, including shipping. I know of no better monetary deal for a new horn in the price range you mention. However, from a musical view, I suspect the VMI 2103 and the Cervenys sound a bit better. Especially the latter------they have a uniquely rich sound.

Now, with this new Jupiter 582, I have my work cut out for me in developing facility in BB flat fingerings. (I have only played CC tubas in the past.)

Follow Ups: