Re: Re: Re: Summer Music Festivals

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aubrey Foard on October 31, 2000 at 16:27:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Summer Music Festivals posted by Chuck Jackson on October 31, 2000 at 00:01:10:

Mr Jackson,

Again, I'd like to thank you for your advice, but I have taken a long hard look at my career path... I took a long hard look at it in my freshman year in high school and my views have not changed. I don't enjoy band or band rep and I can't see myself playing in one professionally. The orchestral field appeals to me the most and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get myself a job. I realize that a teacher will not do it for me, but I believe that in order to be succesful, I must study with the best o the best in the field of orchestral performance. I will do whatever it takes to get ahead of the competition win an audition and that includes a daily four to five hours of practice and entering as many competitions as possible which I am currently doing. I have also auditioned for many orchestras already including the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra sub-list and I'm a freshman in college.

Now, if you wish to debate this matter further, I suggest that you post your e-mail on your next message and I will give you my own PERSONAL feelings on this. I choose not to do this here because I prefer to maintain a professional attitude in the eyes of the public.

Aubrey Foard

Follow Ups: