Re: Re: Re: Playing "in the zone"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Devin on October 04, 2001 at 21:39:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Playing "in the zone" posted by Benjamin Schardt on October 04, 2001 at 19:02:40:

I have to agree with you in the sense that the audience often does not enjoy unpolished and rough-sounding music. I'm a big patron of playing music as if there's always an audience.

I must also say, however, that if you just love music, any attempt at making it can be fun. I find myself producing many a sour note when I'm not playing at my best, but I can still enjoy what's coming out of my bell, just because music is SO much fun. So, although "letting go" can be a catalyst for something smelly, it can also be a way of relieving the stress of not playing at your greatest ability... just to get out something that always makes you happy and play through it, like the 1st movement of the Gregson, or the 2nd movement of the Vaughan-Williams, or anything like that and "let go" with it can be enjoyable, whether it's played well or not. Of course, if you forget that accidentals carry through the measure or that there are 3 beats in a 3/4 measure, it's probably not AS fun.... =^)

Anyway, this was not meant as any type of attack, it's just my 2 pennies in the jar. Have a nice day, all! =^)

Devin

Follow Ups: