Re: Re: Re: Conn tuba age & model

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Siegfried on October 07, 2001 at 22:46:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Conn tuba age & model posted by Wayne Dotson on October 07, 2001 at 21:43:48:

I'm still trying to figure out the never-ending mouthpiece puzzle. I just started playing tuba about a year ago, but I've played upright and elec. bass for 26 years now.The most comfortable mp for me has been a Bach24 Megatone. I also use a Bach 7 (reg) and Conn- Helleberg (standard). To complicate matters, I'm trying to figure out which mp for which tuba, the other horn being a 4/4 Wurlitzer that was made early in the 1900's. The Conn is more of a 3/4 size horn and made lighter overall, so the heavier mp seems to give it more depth of sound (for me - I can't speak for other tubists).The Wurlitzer is built like a tank and doesn't seem to need the heavier mp. What I'd really like to try is one of those Dillon Bronze core Mouthpieces, but I want to be sure of a size before making that investment. Best wishes and please let me know how you like the 11J. I don't know why they made them for such a short time, I think it's a great horn. Dave Siegfried

Follow Ups: