Re: Which MP for YFB-621?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve C on October 07, 2001 at 23:11:18:

In Reply to: Which MP for YFB-621? posted by MG on October 05, 2001 at 16:55:00:

I just finaly gave one of these a blow. It was my instructor's horn (my 2nd lesson with him, and at both he used his 621 F, and me with my 822 CC 8^D ) After my lesson, I asked to try the horn, all I had was a Helleburg, and I feel like it played extremely well with that mouthpiece. I didn't have my tuner set up (I just wanted to hear how I would sound, and didn't expect much), and the intonation seemed good (I was playing some etudes I am familiar with), rich low end, and sang pretty well up high too. I'd have to agree with what Rick says with the way the Conn Helleburg plays on the horn.
Ebbers, if I recall correctly, was using a PT-65. Listening to him on that, the horn sounds more like a euphonium on steroids, and of course, he seems to get around on it well, but he seems like he might have some low end problems.
My suggestiong for you, don't listen to any of our suggestions, and go try a bunch out yourself when you get the chance.

Steve C

Follow Ups: