Re: Re: Re: opinions on horns

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dw on October 11, 2001 at 10:20:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: opinions on horns posted by good advice, but . . . . on October 10, 2001 at 19:25:07:

Good advice, almost... I use myself as an example. I have small hands, yet purchased the Meinl Weston 2000 because it sounded the best and the configuration of pistons and thumb rotor did fit the best.

I found that if the hand felt like I was just picking up a ball, then everything would work out well. In other words, the rotor linkage just "felt" right. I didn't have to stretch my hand in some funny angle for my thumb to operate the lever.

All of us have different objectives in purchasing an instrument. My opinion is good for the horn "I" like and the same for each of you.

The only way to find the "perfect" horn is to go play them or have them shipped to you for the same thing. Each costs some money - anything else new? None of them will be perfect for everyone and the mouthpiece is the same as the horn. The only way to know is to try one or more. When you find the horn and mouthpiece you like, you will have a fierce loyalty towards it and will be able to find something wrong with all the others.

While people change, human nature does not. Think about it.....

my opinion

Follow Ups: