Calgary Philharmonic and CB-50

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Eastep on October 17, 2001 at 01:59:03:

Oops, I only saw David Kutz's message after I had posted my own. Yes, our orchestra is experiencing a lockout prompted by our refusal to accept the degree of salary and season rollbacks insisted upon by our Board. Although we ultimately accepted a substantial rollback to give them breathing room in the first year, we wanted to get back one week next year as a sign that they were committed to getting back to a situation that we would finding tolerable. They were pessimistic enough about their abilities as fund raisers that the chance to save themselves our salaries for three light weeks seemed too good to pass up. We're trying to create as much awareness as possible by picketing the concert hall in our tails (they're getting really dirty by now) and other public activities. Fortunately, the weather is not yet too severe.

Anyway, as we enter our second unpaid week, this seemed like a good time to generate som needed cash by selling this instrument. I don't expect anyone to buy it out of charity, but it is a very useful instrument, capable of the full range of playing. There are a number of modifications that have improved the instrument from my point of view. I'll explain more if anyone is interested. For some reason it doesn't seem to work to click on the link, but if you write the address in your browser, it should take you to some images of the instrument.

Follow Ups: