Re: Re: Bad News

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Big Sad Dog on October 17, 2001 at 06:38:07:

In Reply to: Re: Bad News posted by Crozet Duplantier on October 16, 2001 at 14:59:08:

Tony,

I'm sorry to hear of your orchestras problems. You, your colleages, and your community surely do not deserve this.

With regard to good and bad orchestras, elitism etc., I vote with my feet, er uh paws. If I don't like something I walk away, and that goes for orchestras. I have personally witness my "local" orchestra crash and burn on stage, completely falling apart (once with James Galway as soloist!) several times. This group, according to published records is the fourth highest paid orchestra in the U.S. I have played with them on several occations as a sub or extra and can tell you that there a real disconnect with the music! They have shown a real lack of responsibility and respect to the general audience, and seem more interested in their own side businesses (publishing, distributing instrument as importers, etc) than musical results.

This group has the luxury of a huge corporate support base. So much so, maybe they're spoiled? Their behavior towards the public certainly reinforces this thought. The "meet and greets" after concerts are always an experience. The rock stars have nothing on these guys!

......so any way, when I'm paying for my tickets, I choose not to support this type of behavior. I drive a number of hours to see another city's group. (coincedentally, an even higher paid group).

Just some thoughts

BD

Follow Ups: