Re: Re: Re: Tuba size and testosterone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on October 17, 2001 at 17:31:24:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tuba size and testosterone posted by Rick Denney on October 17, 2001 at 15:15:27:

Hey Rick,
"Of course, my point was that nobody ever complained that my softest playing was too loud before I realized the horn was a 5/4. I wonder that that means?"
I would say that it means that attitude as well as the fact that you probably play alot better than you give yourself credit for was the big difference in your playing. As for the horn comparison thing, didn't Mike Forbes post something about having different people play horns behind a screen. Any how, keep the good stuff coming and doesn't playing in a community band just drive you nuts sometimes? I love playing in Band but sometimes it gets crazy dealing with players going all different ways so far as playing style. I would venture to say that what makes the differnce between a good and a great community band is the groups understanding of the unison and ensemble principals of playing even when they have 8 Tubas and one oboe or two F Horns.
Randy Mac Iver,(yes we usually have 6 to 8 strong tuba players but never enough Euphoniums)

Follow Ups: