Re: Re: Tuba Finance

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph on October 29, 2001 at 08:05:19:

In Reply to: Re: Tuba Finance posted by Gary on October 29, 2001 at 02:21:58:

I financed my F tuba through the bank so it can be done. If you don't have something that they can hold as collateral it is difficult to get a loan that will cover the whole thing. In my case I don't have a house and my car is so old that they weren't interested in it so I had to go with an unsecured loan. Tubas don't count as collateral.. they checked. This bumped the interest into the same category as your average credit card. Also, my bank doesn't like to loan out more than three grand on unsecured loans and will not finance for more than 24 months. Fortunately, I have very good credit and a father that was willing to cosign for me. I sweet talked them into giving me six grand($300/month for 24 months) and with a little luck and lots of pinched pennies I'll have it payed off by christmas, six months early. The six grand will have turned into something closer to seven but that is still less than what I would have paid for my tuba new.

All that said, if you are dead set on buying a new tuba I know that both Custom and Brasswind have financing available now. You should talk to them.

Good luck,
joseph

Follow Ups: