Re: Re: Re: Re: A Hirsbrunner 1990 leaflet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Low end (low) brass on October 02, 2002 at 14:46:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: A Hirsbrunner 1990 leaflet posted by Ups, better link her on October 02, 2002 at 13:47:13:

I never would endorse the Skylark brand. But it exists around us in lots of disguises. So I have made a pics folder of some of their cat pages. They have been offered as a .pdf file, but storage room ended up tight.

Some teachers will meet students having been given such travesties of instruments by clueless parents or grandparents, so we better make ourselves aware of them and plan our strategies towards the low-end market.

In my time as a teacher I have experienced the terrible Czech, Dutch, and GDR piston instruments. The Yamaha 2xx and 3xx series were better in all musically relevant properties, also better than their Brit Regent and Westminster equivalents. But it was not that funny, when the first generation Yamahas soon developed red rot in their leadpipes and rust around the valve guides of their bottom sprung pistons.

Then, at least for some years here in my country, the very good rotary high end instruments out of GDR, B&S/Wolfram/Hoyer, could be had at prices, that easily beat the entry level Yamahas.

From my recent more and more retiring years I learned, that Jupiter makes a good shepher's crook cornet and Weril a very good 4 valved non-comp euph.

Of course all of you students, week-end warriors, Tuesday-honkers, and teachers have made your own final and eternal thoughts on this topic of the low end low brass market.

So I will only rob yet another bit of your already bereft time schedule by letting the illustration the one, that should appear above these lines. But I did not make the scan high resolution.

Klaus

Follow Ups: