Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boosey & Hawkes Euphonium

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hank on October 11, 2002 at 10:47:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boosey & Hawkes Euphonium posted by I. C. on October 09, 2002 at 12:27:10:

Since you asked...."Does anyone else think that I am the "smart ass" here?"... I'm compelled to answer... in my opinion, yes. I think the way you've handled this has been completely despicable.

I know you are very candid about the instruments you sell used, Joe. Does that mean everyone should be forced to do business exactly as you do? Ads come up on this forum almost daily, and rereading the original post, I see nothing different in this one than any other. It simply announces the availibility of the horn and asks for email responses from interested parties. I see no indication from her posts that she was being dishonest about this instrument. She seemed receptive to answering any and all questions. The seller stated repeatedly that she would answer any questions through email, which most agree is the appropriate place to handle this type of business. Yet you feel compelled to attack her on the condition of a horn you've never seen. I'm afraid I don't see the reasoning behind this.

My only guess, based on these posts, is that you have decided that she is a dealer This is based solely on the fact that she has sold other instruments on this board? That's ridiculous. If Dale Phelps, for example, decided to sell off the horns he doesn't use (and we've seen the pictures of his practice room... he has plenty) would he suddenly be a dealer? I don't believe so, do you? More importantly, why so harsh, Joe?

I think a NEW thread, titled "How to purchase a used instrument", covering all the bases of what to ask a seller about an older instrument would get your information out without expending all of that negative energy.

Just my opinion... remember, you did request it.

Follow Ups: