Re: SUNY campuses and tuba teachers?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on October 17, 2002 at 09:54:00:

In Reply to: SUNY campuses and tuba teachers? posted by Anthony on October 16, 2002 at 18:07:46:

Anthony,
SUNY-Fredonia just hired the tuba player from the Meridian Arts Ensemble(name escapes me at this very moment). That is a good start. The other good thing about it is that..RAY STEWART....it is a short drive to Buffalo and the great Don Harry. Fredonia has a pretty good Education Department and is a really nice campus. Not as snowy as you think.

As for Syracuse. The only thing close is SUNY-Oswego. I think Jason Ladd teaches there. I don't know anything about the program, but Jason used to be a frequent poster so you could ask him. Remember, Ed Diefes is close(Syracuse Symphony), great player from what I understand. It really gets snow though...like a ton of it...an hour...sometimes in June

SUNY-Potsdam is up in the far north part of the state. Seems like everyone who went into music from my high school went there(I am from Rome,NY)and loved it. I went to visit, didn't care for the area and never went back.

Hope this helps.

Chuck"Who doesn't miss the winters in Upstate NY ONE BIT" Jackson

Follow Ups: