Re: Re: Re: MW182 vs Yamaha 621

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph on October 18, 2002 at 16:45:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: MW182 vs Yamaha 621 posted by Rick Denney on October 16, 2002 at 18:06:47:

Of course, you're absolutely right. If you aren't looking to be a pro then your main aim should be to have fun. Whatever gets you to the fun with the least amount of non-fun on the way should be what you want. The original poster seemed to be looking for a small general purpose horn(suggesting they wanted something easy to play) so you may be right on.

However, in my defense, atleast to my way of playing the MW182 is actually a much easier playing more interesting sounding horn once you get out of your own way. So... while my comment may have seemed a bit smart*** I will stand by it as very sage advice in this particular situation. Given a few months(up to six depending upon initial ability) of reasonably consistant practice directed by a competent teacher I suspect that the original poster will actually find a greater ease and joy of playing in the MW182 as compared to the YFB621 that will last the rest of his/her life. Once the right approach is found it won't take much in terms of maintenance to keep him/herself happy.

That's my non-professional oppinion and atleast for the moment I'm sticking to it.

FWIW,
joseph

Follow Ups: