Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Used Conn

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on October 24, 2002 at 22:26:44:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Used Conn posted by Wade on October 24, 2002 at 16:51:18:

The sa(i)d youngster should not consider his long term professional prospects being his main concern. Right now he is in a situation where his immediate future as a student is at stake. His TubeNet postings are discussed in places, that he would not like to know of.

I have received yet another urge to provide documentation. That will be no problem whatsoever but for the time involved.

Kind contributors to this board have mailed me, why I had stopped posting .

My decision not to take part in TubeNet discussions was a matter of setting the right priorities for the right usage of my working hours, which are a bit too few. Why should I let my postings be tarnished by southern molestors' unnameable outings.

I never have bragged of my own playing, but I am immodest enough to realise, that I together with guys like Rob P-M, Lew, and Chuck Guzis plus a number of other contributors can be helpful in documenting the history of our beloved instruments. And I have some points to add to technical-acoustical discussions, because I, from ownership and tests, know quite a few brasses. And I know how to find documentation for even more of them. And then there are my mpc modification experiences.

It has been criticised, that I haven't made the sources for my free arrangements open to people, that will not tell me their name, ensembles, bands, or orchestras. It has been compared to inviting people to a party and then stopping people at my door. Will any sane person let anonymous persons pass his/hers doorstep these days and hours? Code words: Moscow SE and the greater DC area.

I know, that the sa(i)d person is not supported by good advises from his main advisor. Such good advises would have prevented all of the recent demolition of the TubeNet. But being the teacher type, that I am, I will give the sa(i)d person and his sad followers one single last offer: I will start editing my many notes on their misbehaviour, but not ship these, if the sa(i)d youngsters abstain from posting on any brass board or list for the next year. If they start misbehaving after that time, I will not restrict the reactions coming out of my very widespread brass network Some of the sa(i)d youngsters will be very happy by then, if they can get seasonal jobs as snow movers at the highways crossing the Mexican border.

The best face saving advice to be given to the sa(i)d youngster(-s) would be: Shut up them faces!

Klaus

Follow Ups: