Uploads, Index, History

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on October 29, 2002 at 21:12:03:

My recent posting on the Cazzani & Rampone did arouse a bit of interest. Even so after its evaporation from the board.

One poster made me start on a text about some main traits of the history of tuba development with emphasis on Europe. I am not proficient on that topic. Which however has not prevented me from drawing a conclusion or two. The text still needs some work before I post it (lots of links to be checked).

I have uploaded thumbnails of these instruments, which all can be accessed through the updated

YorkMaster Catalogue Index.doc

which can be found via the link given below:

The Cazzani & Rampone BBb

A Cerveny backpack Tenorhorn

My "new" A. Eser - Instrumentenmacher - Gütersloh C oval Kaiser Bariton. Huge, but sadly only with 3 rotors. Larger in all diameters, but for the bell rim, than my pre-WWII oval Cerveny Kaiser Bb, which also can be found through the index.

An F postal horn supposed be re-tune-able to C through a vent. Made by Dotzauer by a very special technique, where the circular branches are not joined by means of ferrules. The narrow end of each branch has been expanded, so that the wide end of the next smaller branch could be pushed into that expansion. I will have to investigate its options a bit more. It didn't arrive until the late afternoon of Tuesday.

An instrument from the now defunct G. Hirsbrunner factory of Aarau in Swiss

The index has also has been updated in other matters. It can be found through the link given below.

Klaus

Follow Ups: