Re: Re: Re: school project

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on November 03, 2002 at 22:03:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: school project posted by Candice Higgison on October 31, 2002 at 18:12:18:

Forgive me for being pedantic, but one of the reasons students do research is because they learn far more in their research than what ends up in their paper. That is the point of assigning research to students. In my own school work, I was expected to know many times what I submitted, and that multiple grew as I advanced in my studies.

If you dig the answers out of Bevan, for example, you'll learn much about the tuba, but you'll also learn quite a bit about its inventors, its champions, its composers, and how its been used around the world. You won't have to write all that down to be a better person for having learned it. Knowledge is contagious. If you learn much about one subject, it makes it easier to learn much about other subjects.

Doing research on the Internet by searching sites has a similar effect, except that you have less assurance that what you are reading is authoritative. But getting one of us to just write down the short answers to a few basic questions won't really do you any good. That's why we keep pointing you down the narrow path.

Rick "who warns that Bevan exists only in ink on paper, but that most everything he says is on the web--if you can find it" Denney

Follow Ups: