Re: help for a HS trombonist

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ergo Bone on October 02, 2003 at 11:47:07:

In Reply to: help for a HS trombonist posted by russell on October 02, 2003 at 09:23:44:

Finally, a question I can answer!

Get him an Ergo Bone. This is a device that holds your trombone either on a telescoping metal rod, or a harness. It is spring loaded and has a swivel mount. It is easy to move around and also move your horn around while playing . . . not restrictive at all. A benefit of this system is that it relaxes your body, allowing for easier breathing.

I tried an Ergo Bone at the ITF in Helsinki, and have recommended them to players suffering from shoulder or arm injuries.

Switching slide arms may be a good exercise. At least he can put in the playing time to keep his chops in shape.

Hickey's Music might carry them, or check the ITA Website www.ita-web.org , or the online trombone journal www.trombone.org for more information. Price is probably a little over $100 depending on the options (complete set or just harness or telescoping rod). I have no association with the company, just wanted to let you know about a good product.

Donn Schaefer

Follow Ups: