OCTUBAFEST 2003 - University of Iowa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Spies on October 07, 2003 at 19:32:13:

Greetings! This is David Spies. We are in the midst of OCTUBAFEST 2003 here at the University of Iowa, and we would like to encourage you to attend either our upcoming All-State clinic if you are a high school tubist or euphoniumist in the state of Iowa, or at TUBAWE'EN I on Hallowe'en! We have already have had a great performance by Michael Forbes on a program titled "THE FRENCH TUBA", and the rest of the festival proves to be a hit as well. Feel free to contact me directly if you need directions or would like more information.

University of Iowa OCTUBAFEST 2003:
[Remaining events]

*Saturday, October 11, 2003, 8:30 a.m. – Noon, Voxman Hall, Voxman Music Building, University of Iowa.

Iowa All-State Low Brass Clinic. Free and open to the public. Geared toward preparing for the IHSMA All-State auditions. Clinic includes master class on etudes and advice on audition preparation. There will also be an opportunity to perform in a tuba-euphonium ensemble during the clinic. All participants are highly encouraged to bring instruments.

*Friday, October 31, 2003, 8:00 p.m., Harper Recital Hall, Voxman Music Building, University of Iowa.

TUBAWE’EN I. Free and open to the public. Student concert featuring several tuba and euphonium solos and ensembles. Costumes not required but highly recommended!

I hope to meet you or your students at one or more of the above OCTUBAFEST events. I wish to extend my most heartfelt wishes for a very musical year.

Happy OCTUBAFEST!

Regards,
David Spies
david-spies(AT)uiowa.edu

Follow Ups: