Re: Re: Re: Re: band director/student

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Only too real on October 08, 2003 at 08:40:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: band director/student posted by Mary Ann-addendum on October 07, 2003 at 10:20:52:

We were very conflicted about turning him in to the authorities. His wife, who did not work and didn't have a clue what he was doing at that point, was one of the sweetest people we knew. No one wanted to see her hurt with a big scandal (and we were all relieved when she left him some years later). The girl he seduced was talented, pretty, and a friend to everyone. One of the best liked girls in her class. Her family was not in a position to send her to college, so scholarships (not so easy to come by back in the '60s) were here only option. An open scandal would not have helped her at all, either in her quest for an education or emotionally.

We did speak with the kid's father who was on the Board of Education. He agreed that a quiet resolution was best, and at the end of the year he had a 'come to Jesus' meeting with the director, letting him know he was being watched closely and any further shennanigans would result in a very public scandal.

All in all, I think we did the right thing for everyone involved, but it was not an easy decision, which I probably made it seem in my original post.

Follow Ups: