Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Xenophobia or ......???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on October 14, 2003 at 14:49:36:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Xenophobia or ......??? posted by Bill Nazzaro on October 14, 2003 at 08:34:26:

Good points, however:

Those phrases are written with slightly less clarity than I had intended, but are not really contradictory. The employer is deducting the taxes and paying Uncle Sam, but the employees, as illegals, are not filing 1040's. As Jim pointed out, foreigners can get SSN's. But I maintain that illegals can not. (They are not here in any way recognized by the Federal Government. You must have some sort of legal permission to be here to earn money (and therefore file taxes).

And I understand that those payroll taxes are from my money. I have so many business expenses that I eventually get most of that money back. It is good that the government recognizes that business mileage (700 each week for me) comes off of the top of your check, making your apparent salary quite a bit less. I just wish the stupid hoop-jumping games would go away. My taxes took me twelve hours of continuous work to prepare, ending up being 12 pages long: and I am a freaking tuba player, for Pete's sake!

SHEESH!

Wade "there is no such thing as free money or free lunch: everything must be paid for by someone" Rackley

Follow Ups: