Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it true....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on October 24, 2003 at 13:33:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it true.... posted by Bill Nazzaro on October 24, 2003 at 12:37:10:

working 10 hour days, 6 days a week -- Shoot, I've been working 12 or more hours M-F, 10 on Saturday & 6 on Sunday for months now. I choose to do it, without overtime pay, because my relationship with my employer is such that I believe he will compensate me with a raise at my next review. The guy in the next cube, who doesn't work as hard, doesn't deserve as much, and won't get as much. That's my biggest problem with Unions; they make sure no one is poor, but they make it very hard for anyone to rise above the crowd.

As for Reagan, you're largely correct that Communism was in a shambles for years before he came along; but with the previous Presidents' ridiculous foreign policies (Nixon with "Detente", Carter with... say, what WAS his foreign policy?), the Soviets continued to have support from the rest of the world because WE LED THEM TO BELIEVE THE USSR WAS STRONGER THAN IT WAS. Reagan was the first guy since Kennedy to get his smoocher off of their hineys and say it plainly: "Evil Empire", "Mr. Gorbachev: Tear down this wall", and so forth. He was SAVAGED by the media of his day, worse than Clinton or Bush 43 have ever been, for saying those things. It took a lot of courage to face the nay-sayers of his day, but he did it; and as a result the Soviet Union is no more.

BTW, I've been thinking about your statement about Clinton & communism. No, I don't think Bill has ANY convictions about communism, capitalism, or anthing else. He's a political feeding machine, like a shark that feeds on boats instead of seals. Hilary is the one that wanted the gubmint to take over 17% of the domestic economy. The spectre of President Bill Clinton disgusted me; the spectre of President Hilary Clinton frightens me.

Oh, and Reagan didn't have perfect pitch!

Joe Baker, who knows this has nothing to do with tubas.

Follow Ups: