Re: Mini-Disc or MP3 Recorder?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lisa on October 26, 2003 at 07:57:11:

In Reply to: Mini-Disc or MP3 Recorder? posted by tim on October 25, 2003 at 15:36:02:

I used MDs, and I like them fine. They are a bit more limited than a CD recorder, but nonetheless function efficiently (and relatively cheaply these days.)

If, as Sgt. Fuzz says, you are interested in multi-track recording, I bought a Casio mini 4-track. It plugs into any of my computers in various ways, and is small enough to carry anywhere. I needed to buy a good mic, but for any sort of recorder you would need to do that. I found the 4 track feature great, it allowed me to adjust accompaniment levels independently, which my MDs could not do. There are other brands that function similarly, Boss and Tascam, for example, have similar products. Check them out in person at Sam Ash or Guitar Center, if you have one nearby. The only limitation on these is recording time, but memory is expandable, and it is possible to upload to PC and edit later, freeing up memory. These work most easily used with a computer.

We still have an old DAT at home. (0:

FWIW.
-lisa

Follow Ups: