Cervany Piggy for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Justin on September 07, 1999 at 17:52:57:

I am selling my Cervany "Piggy" Tuba. It is in CC, and has four rotor valves. The laquer is more than 50% off, and there are some dings around the horn, mostly the bottom bow and outside wrap. I don't believe that any of these dings effect the sound. There have been some modifications on the horn, the thumb ring has been lowered to allow easier playing of the valves. The valve linkages were replaced with snap on kinds. A U-Hook was installed on the first valve slide to ease in moving the slide. I also added about 2 inches of tubing to the leadpipe, so that I wouldn't have to pull out so far. It comes with a hard case, and a new reunion blues piggy gig bag (the bag is less than 2 months old). There are some problems with the horn, but mostly cosmetic. There is nothing that alternate fingerings, and pulling the first valve slide cannot correct. This is a good little horn, I am selling it because I want to upgrade to a larger five valve horn. This horn would be well suited for quintets, small ensembles, solos, and it can still produce a very full sound. I used it in every ensemble, and liked the sound that I got. The horn served me well, I played solos on it, did some gigs, and it got me into All-State Band. I would like to get what I paid for it a year ago, but am willing to negotiate. Asking $2,400. Email (b1528(AT)truman.edu) me for questions, or anything. Thanks.

Justin

Follow Ups: