Re: Euphonium Intonation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tommo on September 08, 1999 at 21:15:30:

In Reply to: Euphonium Intonation posted by Dave Krahl on September 08, 1999 at 20:25:19:

I switched from eupho to tuba 8 years ago and just recently, I started playing eupho again. I play on a Besson horn and when I first picked it up, my intonation was shocking!! No amount of slide pulling was going to fix this problem that was for sure! What really helped me was lots of mouthpiece buzzing Rochut studies, using a piano for pitch reference (it also did wonders for my sound).

However, if you can't even get a B flat in tune, I'm wondering whether the problem lies with the instrument/mpc combo. I'm tuba player that merely dabbles around on eupho and thus I really couldn't say if the problem is with the instrument or not. I remember reading an article by Bill Rose on choosing a new mpc, and he said, "If you can't get the open notes in tune with a particular mpc, put it down straight away and move on to something else." This could be the problem but like I said, I just dabble around on eupho and I don't really know. Good Luck!

tommo

Follow Ups: