Re: laskey 30H

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on September 04, 2000 at 17:22:01:

In Reply to: laskey 30H posted by Alex on September 04, 2000 at 13:48:58:

I have both of the mouthpieces you mentioned and compared the two of them for about three weeks along with the Schilke Helleberg II. In the end the Laskey has prevailed for me. But the other two mp's had there merits too. Before I even got the laskey I was switching back and forth between the other two. I really like the projection I get on my 6/4 Holton with the M1C. The low range with the M1C is almost unmatched by anything , but you have to be careful that it does not get ugly. I have always loved the flexibility offered by the Dillon line of mouthpieces. The rim is the most compfortable I have came across. With the Schilke I got a slightly more focused sound over the M1C throughout the range of the horn(or my present personal range). I have used the Schilke longer than any of them. But the thing that both of those mp's lacked for me was the color that the Laskey offered. It really was much different than the Schilke even though it is basically a copy(improved). The rim is more compfortable. Flexibility is not even a question. The Laskey basically gave me the best of all three of these mp's. Now this is of course for me and my Holton. As said on here before " your mileage may vary".
I am proud to say that I have settled on the Laskey line of mp's for both my CC and F tubas. I am using the 30H on the CC and 30F and 30C on my MW F. This seems to be a big acomplishment for me because the mouthpiece search has always been an ongoing battle for me. I have way to many on my shelf and will be putting some up for sale here real soon.

Cheers (_)?

Pete

Follow Ups: