Re: Re: Re: Atlantic Fleet Band?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marc on September 06, 2000 at 19:00:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Atlantic Fleet Band? posted by Mike on September 06, 2000 at 09:20:10:

Mike,

Congradulations! I miss my Navy days playing the Tuba and getting paid for it. Look for Sr. Chief Bobby Ferreira and tell him that you talked to me on the TubeNet. He's a salty and wise one. He's also a great person and boss. I don't know how hectic your schedule will be with concert band. One thing's for sure, you'll never have to worry about dropping your Bass or Tuba and picking up a gun:) lol If you and your wife are looking for a great place to eat and have some extra cash to dish out I highly recommend that you try the Freemason Abbey in Norfolk. Bobby can tell you how to get there. The Surf and Turf is superb. If you want something a bit less expensive but still tasty try the Santa Fe Margarita Grill. Please email me and let me know how everything's going and how you like the place. Oh yeah, there's a Bass/Tuba player there named Mike. He's also a really great guy. I think he's a 1st Class Petty Officer. He can help you out with your transition. Tell him you talked to me. If he doesn't remember me tell him I'm the guy that gave him a private lesson over my Spring Break while I was visiting up there. There's a trumpet player up there named Charlie King. You can mention my name to him too. Let's see....oh yeah...a bone player named Joe Dowdy...he was interested in some of the breath toys I took over like the one's Arnold Jacobs used in his studio...tell them all Hi for me...I'm actually out of the Navy and finishing up my degree at North Texas where I study with Don Little of the Ft Worth Symphony and Dallas Opera...he's a student of Jacobs...please email and let me know how all is...i wish i were still on the East Coast...you're a lucky man Charlie Brown:) lol...take care, Marc

Follow Ups: