Re: Really Upset.... What would you guys do?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ike H. on September 08, 2000 at 10:22:46:

In Reply to: Really Upset.... What would you guys do? posted by David RN on September 07, 2000 at 09:36:10:

If this was a real traditional jazz group, maybe you're playing a bit out of school for that particular medium if you're using all of your range on the tuba and playing more "horn-like" solos on tuba. My impression of that style is that the tuba is strictly a bass instrument and would be out of character to wander much out of the lower and mid range of the horn, and playing mostly bass-line type solos. If that's something that you couldn't handle, maybe you were right in moving on to something else. It's not exactly my cup of tea, either and I find myself doing less of that kind of thing recently, both out of preference and fewer people that want to hear it. Unfortunately this kind of music seems to be a slowly dying art form and those that want to preserve it in it's true form I would think are having a hard time coming up with players who know the style or would be willing to stay within those guidelines.

Follow Ups: