Re: Re: Amati CC tuba report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on September 10, 2000 at 07:53:57:

In Reply to: Re: Amati CC tuba report posted by Jeff G. on September 10, 2000 at 00:23:08:

Hey Jeff,
To do it right you are looking at about $100. Of course there have been some hacksaw kings that implied I'm silly to want to cut the tubes factory straight on a lathe. Amati nicely braced the top and bottom tubes near the ends. So, there is a brace or two that will have to be moved, so why not do it right? That's what I would do. Play the horn for a few weeks, figure out how much to shorten the bottom third slide and maybe the 4th, then enjoy a horn that I didn't pay a lot for. I don't know what Amati will give me off for that little acid bleed, but it might even cover the simple mods.
Amati has a nice new propoganda catalog with pictures and discriptions of their tubas. I only have 3 copies in stock.
Anyone interested in Amati and Cerveny tubas should just call them and ask for a NEW Amati catalog with all the tubas, a Cerveney tuba catalog, and can they spare a retail price catalog. By the way, anyone thinking about a Cerveny 681 rotary BBb needs to speak up soon, because he is going to run out in 3 more weeks, do to the August vacation month. Then it'll be a month later before you can get one.

AMATI USA, 1(800)721-7878

For BBb tuba players, check out the ABB 323 compact 4 valve front action horn. A very nice, in tune horn. Charlie Krause and I agree 100% on this one. A near perfect student horn and adult amatuer quintet horn.

Matt

Follow Ups: