Re: AUDITIONS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by heather on September 10, 2000 at 13:21:13:

In Reply to: AUDITIONS posted by TOO EMBARRASED on September 09, 2000 at 18:52:41:

This was my recent experience, not by choice. The notice of when auditions were went up a week before, but in a location I didn't see until the Friday before the audition, which was Wednesday. I began calling the personnel rep for the symphony on Friday, tried to reach her all weekend, she works out of her home, and after 8 calls, I got ahold of her. This was TUESDAY night, at 9:00. I had left seveal messages, with no response. I got the list at 9, spent the night practicing, left at 3am. The only two excerpts were Symphonie Fantastique, most of it, and the opening and section at J of Meistersinger. Problem with the Berlioz, I didn't know two of the spots, and well, high Bb is not always my friend. This audition was just for the sub list, but the rep was harder than the when the position opened three years ago. Taking an audition on 24 hour notice is not always the players choice! Oh, I made the sub list, that will teach me to always play Meistersinger every day!

Follow Ups: