Re: Re: Re: Re: York BAT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark in Ohio on September 11, 2000 at 00:16:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: York BAT posted by Dale on September 07, 2000 at 00:10:13:

Dale

Yes, I know the Eb Monsters are more common. But mine's definately a BBb-- Really flat at that, cuz the pigtail loop.

The total length of the "open" bugle is 221 inches- just over 18 feet (207" if loop were bypassed). Modern pitch BBb should be somwhere around 212". The main slide was hacked down to a stub 1-1/2" by some uninformed band director in the 1950's.

I would post a photo for the startling comparison, but I don't have a digital camera. She looks esssentially just like the photo you posted, but with more interior 'bows' (six total) and the slides are much longer- the third has an extra loop at the bottom, and the fourth slide is doubled back on itself along the front (audience side) of the top bow.

I wouldn't call mine a BAT though, as the bore is only .660"- the smallest of BAT's are at least .689" bore. We'll see how well she cranks after a restoration & bypassing of the low-pitch loop. The "sound" is in there already, though!

Thanks for the interest. If you want to get rid of your Eefer, I'm sure there'll be takers galore! Self included, if I had the clams for it!

Mark in Ohio

Follow Ups: