Re: How can people afford everything?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on September 13, 2000 at 06:03:54:

In Reply to: How can people afford everything? posted by JB on September 12, 2000 at 20:09:08:

Don't charge unless it is an emergency! I used to run up the charge card and get things I wanted. After a while, all I could get from the charge cards were headaches and bills. Now, I don't charge anything, I save up, and I can't believe what a difference it makes. I have two debts - house and vehicle. Everything else is cash, and you know what? I can do MUCH MUCH more with the cash than I ever could with the charge card. I basically do whatever I want. I guess you could call it financial freedom while on a budget.

FYI - I have one credit card that has a $750 limit. I use it for emergencies and I pay it off each month. The CC company has tried to raise the credit limit on it a few times, and each time I call and tell them to lower it to $750. These cards are too tempting to use and should be avoided if you don't have absolute financial control over yourself. In my mind, your credit limit should only be what you could pay off in a month or two should you max it out. By the way, if you do things this way, your credit rating will be great and you can get lower interest loans for the car, the house, and even the tuba(s).

This may not work for you and you may think I'm crazy (actually I am), but this is the way I do it and it is what works for me.

Good luck. $ave $ave $ave.

Follow Ups: