5-valve CC Orchestral Tuba FS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Phelps on September 16, 2000 at 15:26:19:

If you are shopping for an instrument, I have a pretty special CC Bohm & Meinl, which regretfully I am considering selling - after being urged to do so in my lesson today. 4-piston, 1-long whole-step rotor, .750" bore 20" bell, great valves, very good scale and really good low-notes. This is one of Fred Marzan's designs with main slide on the left hand, easy access to valve slides on top as well as bottom. It has had some really outstanding special work by Bob Rusk, different lead pipe, old Holton or York LARGE MP receiver, and the 5th valve. I purchased the tuba from a fellow in Chicago almost three years ago after careful shopping for a perfect all-around CC to switch to (after "playing" BBflat tubas for many years) and I bought it after a good recommendation by Mr Jacobs before he passed on. It is satin silver, bright inside the bell. I hate to see it go, as it really is a special instrument, but I also own a Jacobs-model Holton and a B&S 4196 (PT3P) and this horn falls right in between these. If you're shopping for a serious orchestral/band tuba about the size and scope of an HB2P or MW 2155 but with a little more American/York flavor of sound, this may be for you. It is not inexpensive. It is in California close to the San Jose International Airport. Pro references to this tuba are available, and I will respond to private e-mails. I will not respond to on-line posts.

Follow Ups: