Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Colorado anyone??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by My opinion on September 13, 2001 at 17:35:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Colorado anyone?? posted by Dale on September 13, 2001 at 11:26:32:

I'm a brass player in an ICSOM orchestra. I don't play tuba either. I just enjoy monitoring other instruments discussion groups to see what is going on in your world. I am a bit bothered by this current thread on how the Colorado audition was "fixed."

Do any of you stop and wonder how the person who actually won the gig feels when he reads this crap? I'm sure he is a fine player and has worked hard for the job. He just happended to be in the right place at the right time. Any one of you would give anything to be in his place.

It seems petty to be discussing these really important issues at a time like this in our world. Lets keep a little perspective on the situation. My experience with auditions is that most of them are run in a fair manner. I have been on both sides of the screen, trust me. I have a lot of experience as an auditioner. I feel fortunate that my instrument offers me the opportunity to take far more auditions than you guys will ever have the chance to do in your lifetime. But, that also gives me an upper hand in knowing that most of these things are run pretty fairly. You just have to have some faith in thinking that. Why not take all of this negative energy and pour it into the next one. At least this time around, you can go out and compete for another gig. Usually you guys don't even know when your next opportunity will come.

All I know is that I struggled a while in the audition world, but once I was fortunate enough to receive a decent position, I have never forgotten what it took to get here. I respect the position and will never forget the struggles that I encountered as a free-lancer.

Follow Ups: