Re: Re: Re: $500 mouthpiece?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on September 19, 2001 at 12:07:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: $500 mouthpiece? posted by Your not so local vitriolist on September 19, 2001 at 11:27:39:

Gee, Marty, what would I do that you haven't already done? I have a non-tubist friend who, as you know, once described your mouthpiece as "digital." He meant that it looked like a binary step function--either fat or thin. I won't repeat his metaphors for more conventional mouthpiece shapes, but I'm sure you can fill in those blanks.

As for our Danish PR man, I suspect that his favorite mouthpiece would take on the shape of the Marty Neilan, but on the inside not the outside. "Toilet bowl" comes to mind--the kind that doesn't often require a plumber's helper.

That's what I'll do: I'll market a ceramic mouthpiece. It would be smooth, pit-proof, and come in an assortment of lovely colors such as avocado and almond. Of course, ceramic is a bit brittle, and they'd have to be sold on a subscription basis rather than a one-time payment. Your subscription would be $75 a year. A high-schooler's subscription would be $4734.58 a year, plus crating charges and trucking fees.

Rick "any pros want a little endorsement money?" Denney

Follow Ups: