Absence ... - act II

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim C. on September 21, 2001 at 19:11:44:

Very interesting - after I asked you all about your experience with the PT-4P, I called Mr. Sales Rep at the Pro Shop to voice my concerns about the loaner horn that I had been shipped. (You remember - more than 1/4 tone sharp & out of tune harmonics ... among other problems.) A few days later, I got 2 calls from the Shop saying that a PT-6 was on it's way & the truckng company would pick up the forlorn PT-4P. I have to hive the Shop credit for keeping up their reputation (although I'm still baffled how the first horn was shipped to me at all). Or perhaps someone with a tire-iron in hand paid them a visit - I don't know.

Just got the PT-6 and WOW, what a wonderful horn! This one plays much more like my HB-6 (although - sorry folks - I like the sound of my BAT better). I know theres a size difference between the PT-4P and the PT-6, but the difference in response, intonation, color, flavor & charm of the sound is like night & day.

I can happily play in public again and not bring shame to the brethren (and sistren (?)) of tubahood. Thanks for the moral support.

Follow Ups: