Re: replytoCjackson Re:Disney

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on September 26, 2001 at 18:04:57:

In Reply to: replytoCjackson Re:Disney posted by Tuba4nomore on September 26, 2001 at 15:19:25:

I thank you for your well thought out and mature remarks. I, too, have labored under the heat of Central Florida, endured the daily marches and have played for less than enthusiastic crowds. I do not have a problem with the explanation of working conditions, however, like an Uncle who you adore and then suddenly realize their faults, we should appreciate them nonetheless, albeit at arms length. Disney afforded all of us a chance to make some bread playing the tuba instead of working a totally different gig. Face time was face time, every set was a chance to incorporate a concept that you needed improvement on. The biggest challenge was the "Play On Demand" aspect of the job. You had to produce in the most unrelenting of conditions. This has put me in good stead throughout my career. Please, make no bones about it, I am not a huge fan of "Comic Book Music", but it afforded me the chance to play for a living at a very young age. As for the two week job security issue, I find it irrelevant. No performing job, especially in light of our present economy is safe. I have nothing but the greatest respect for those who have gone on to great careers, I just think that a little graciousness is due to any performing situation that has furthered our careers.

Chuck

Follow Ups: