Re: Re: Re: Why is it....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on September 30, 2001 at 22:07:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Why is it.... posted by Chuck(G) on September 30, 2001 at 21:47:20:

I agree that Besson should take the new 993 BBb and try it in CC (I think that is the front action compensator). I'll agree with Dr. Young that in conception, mathematically, a 3 valve compensator is the best horn for intonation. This leads me to one conclusion/question: Can someone build in essence a "double" compensator? Basiacally a combination of the three and four valve unit. The fourth vavle would add in just enough to get 1,2,&3 in tune over the 3 vavle compensating. I know tht this may be stuffy with big long heavy valves, but one would think that with the current valve technology that it could be done with close to the same action as a normal non-comp.. Even though I don't mind pulling slides for the sake of owning a easyblowing horn, I wouldn't mind not having to move anything other than the valves. The closest thing we have right now, I guess, is the BBb/EEE tuba of Dr. Young's. Personally, I am in no hurry to tote aroung a horn with that much pipe in it. There is also the issue I would have with it's actually sounding like a tuba, but at least he is trying to improve somethin in the tuba world.

Matt G

Follow Ups: