Re: Re: In Defense of HS Teachers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tubajake on September 03, 2002 at 21:22:05:

In Reply to: Re: In Defense of HS Teachers posted by An. on September 03, 2002 at 20:36:52:

All I can say is that it's a well thought group of ideas and point. The things about college students are that they (in general) have a greater enthusiasm or intensity about their education, they have more options at their disposal for help outside of class, and also the initiative to use them. Why is this?? Because they all value education enough to be there.
It's just like the day and night band at my school. The day band meets twice a week and is the primary "dumping ground" for all of the jazzers who are playing on a second instrument that they don't want to play, in a style they don't want to play, and just plain don't want to be there. Naturally the day band suffers. The night band is actually the "community band", so it's nothing but people who want to be there. They don't suffer too very much.
Basically a problem that I see with the public school system is that there are too many unjustified limits on teacher actions and too many teachers who can't deal with their students.
That's just how I see it.

Tubajake

Follow Ups: